Friday, December 12, 2008

Can't Sleep

Well it's about 3am and I can't sleep tonight for some reason.

Last week was pretty great I had two sales at different galleries and an invitation to exhibit 25-35 prints. I started working on what I was going to show and haven't quite decided, but I need to soon because the show is in February. My main gallery in Fargo has also moved and expanded into a bigger space, it's very nice and I'm excited to continue working with them. Their website is www.ecce216.com
I've been working on a series of trees for the last three years. Trying to make each one different and unique. The idea was to do a series called "30 Trees" and I've been numbering them "Tree #1" on so on. So far I have 26 done and working on the 27th. I should be done by the end of the year I think.
The cityscapes I started working on in graduate school in 1999 and I think I got tired of them in 2003... ran out of ideas and motivation to do them. I've just gone back to them in the last year or so and feel like I will probably make at least 4-5 more. I have the sketches done anyway. Who knows it might be a long time before I get them done.
Right now I'm out of paper pretty much so I'm going to have to figure out a way to buy some paper soon. Last time I used a credit card... not good. I think this time I'll be able to use some of the money from selling prints to buy some paper... good.

No comments: